Sr. Administrative Assistant/Chief Human Resources Officer- Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
This Sr. Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the Chief Human Resources and Administrative Officer (CHRAO). Assist with supporting all assigned human Resource programs, projects and initiatives and proactively coordinate meetings and department HR Town Halls. Process information requests across the entire HR department and with operations leaders in the organization. Closely interface with the CHRAO to prepare information for Board Meetings, Executive Committees and/or other external stakeholder meetings. Consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of the organization. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
- Five years Senior Management Level Secretarial Experience.
- High School Diploma. Some college preferred.
- The highest and strictest level of confidentially is required.
- The ideal candidate will consistently do her/his/their part in helping to create a work environment for the HR department that fosters respect, positive morale, and high level of employee engagement.
- Ability to consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of Community Health Choice.
- Sucessful candidate must be agile, can think and act quickly and be able to remain a few steps ahead of this HR leader.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with leadership, staff and external customers
- Analytical, MS Word, MS Excel
- Exceptional Writing /Composing/Correspondence /Reports