Sr. Application Developer/Service Now
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Sr. Application Developer (Service Now) creates and configures software, third party integrations, and reports in support of the business stakeholders. They work as part of a team to perform the translation of backlog items into actionable tasks that result in the delivery of required features and defect mitigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Systems Engineering, related fields. Four years of related work experience may substitute for the bachelors' degree.
- (ServiceNow) Four or more years of experience in developing software with at least two (2) years software development specific to the targeted platform required.
- Six years development experience .
- ServiceNow CMDB implementation experience
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft Office, knowledge of current core base technologies such as AD, REST/SOAP APIs, database queries, computer languages used by the targeted position.
- Hands-on experience in administration, development, and implementation of the ServiceNow platform.
- A solutions focused problem solver with solid troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and a passion for creating solutions to solve business needs.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban or other iterative approaches. Experience with Azure DevOps would be a plus.
- Strong understanding of ITIL ITSM processes (Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management).
- Understanding of ServiceNow multiple instance design and administration.
- Drive quality development with techniques such as test-driven development, mastered data, automation, design reviews, etc.
- Understanding of and desire to implement best practices in coding and design as per ServiceNow standards and community guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 165463