Sr Epic Client Systems Administrator
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Senior Systems Engineer for Epic Client Systems Administrator / Management (ECSA / ECSM) is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrades, support, monitoring and maintenance for Epic Client Systems infrastructure on virtual Windows servers. Must have architecture and senior level knowledge of Epic Client Systems. Work collaboratively with the internal, external and Epic technical staff to troubleshot and optimize Epic client applications, including: Hyperspace Web, BCA Web, EPS, Interconnect, Kuiper, System Pulse, Web Blob, Willow, and other Epic client systems.
Minimum Qualifications / Education/Work Experience:
Bachelors degree in Information Technology and 10 years work experience in Support and maintenance operations of Windows servers, printers, storage and other related computing devices in a connected environment; including 5 years of Support and maintenance operations of Windows servers, printers, storage and other related computing devices in a connected environment experience.
High School Diploma/GED and 14 years work experience in Support and maintenance operations of Windows servers, printers, storage and other related computing devices in a connected environment; including 5 years of Support and maintenance operations of Windows servers, printers, storage and other related computing devices in a connected environment experience.
Licenses & Certification: Epic Client Systems Administrator(ECSA 101, 102, and 105) and Epic Client Systems Management (ECSM) preferred.
Above average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing - Correspondence/Reports
Proficiencies: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Project, P.C.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities: Analytical, Design, Research
Work Schedule: On Call, Telecommute
Typical Duties that may be performed
- Responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, support, monitoring and maintenance for Epic Client Systems infrastructure on virtual Windows servers.
- Must have Architecture / Senior level knowledge of Epic Client Systems
- Responsibilities include Hyperspace Web, BCA Web, EPS, Interconnect, Kuiper, System Pulse, Web Blob, Willow, and other Epic client systems etc.
- Collaborate with Epic application teams and Epic TS for upgrades and troubleshoot.
- Test and applies Epic client pack updates.
- Upgrade and Configure Epic System Pulse for alerts and monitoring of the Epic infrastructure.
- Create and manage workstation (LWS) and device/printer (EPR) records in Epic for changes, maintenance, and Epic rollouts.
- Create print queues in Windows (EPS) and knowledge of third party print solution. Troubleshoot Epic server-side and client-side printing and driver issues.
- Work closely with all entities, both internally and externally including clinical teams, clinical applications, infrastructure team and network team.
- Will be involved in determining server upgrades following honor Role.
- Knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, DNS, VMware, Citrix, Load Balancing, IIS, FTP/SCP, Server Operating Systems (2012 or above) and SSL Certificates.
- Excellent time and project management skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, system diagnostic and communication (written and oral) are critical for success in this position.
- Analytical thinking for effective problem determination and the ability to work independently, make decisions under pressure, while providing timely and responsive services.
- Responsible for the review, qualification, and ownership of complex server support calls or tickets
- Administrator demonstrates the ability to perform with minimal oversight
- Capability to perform in-depth situation analysis and employ mechanisms to replicate reported problems to assure proper diagnosis
- Independently resolve more technically complex, mission-critical issues and prioritize with the customer
- Provide clear documentation of issues and collaborate with cross-functional teams and working to grow relationships with other technical resources
- Conduct and participate in root cause analysis
- Maintain professional skills and certifications as required.
- Work with third party service providers and vendors to resolve issues
- Assist in the creation of standards, guidelines, and policy for server infrastructure; Tests and certifies standards; Documents and Communicates approved standards
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.