Sr Healthcare Business Analyst to the COO - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Directly reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Healthcare Business Analyst will serve as the right hand to the COO providing leverage for that role. The Senior Healthcare Business Analyst will leverage a background of experience in health insurance operations and industry, consulting (or similar), and data analytics to enable faster and higher quality decision making by the COO. The Senior Healthcare Business Analyst will be able to understand the COOs business intent and guidance and be able to represent the COO, and clearly articulate the COO's positions, as needed at various company meetings and interactions across any department of the health plan. The senior business analyst will be able to provide leadership over related projects and analyses and create highly professional presentations to communicate and support findings.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree required Master's Degree Preferred, in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Required:
- 5+ years in health insurance; strong familiarity with business and operations strategy development and implementation; data analytics; demonstrable experience in one or more health insurances departments (e.g., claims, call center, analytics, medical management, etc)
- Preferred: 3+ years of consulting at a recognized consulting firm
3. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
4. Other Requirements:
- Exhibit a strong aptitude for analytical thinking and must possess demonstrated data skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal/communication skills
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact, Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor's Degree: Business, Public Health, Mathematics, or related field
Master's Degree: MBA or MHA Preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible