Sr Healthcare Data Analyst
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Sr. Healthcare Data Analyst is responsible for auditing processes, maintaining database and reporting integrity, preparing reports, and supporting multiple projects within assigned pavilion. Audit responsibilities include the review, analysis, monitoring of procedures, performance and systems management in relation to NCQA, medical home and physician performance. The development of reports and analytics of data are keys to success in this role. Prepare statistical and narrative reports from Epic and other department informational spreadsheets. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Develops, maintains and ensures quality control issues and assists in the development and implementation of measurement systems. Prepares statistical and narrative reports from financial and operational reviews; effectively communicate recommendations to Sr. Management; and control department budgets. Must be proficient in utilizing data analytic tools to analyze financial and operational data that identify process improvements and cost savings. Performs other duties as assigned to support cost, access, and quality initiatives. Must communicate effectively and appropriately with Harris Health System.
Assembles/extracts data from database sources and present analyses of clinical, operational, population and financial data on scorecards and dashboards. Supports performance improvement projects directed by the Performance Improvement Manager. Develops and recommends models for measuring performance that will adequately capture a particular clinical or business process; automate or integrate these processes into EPIC. Generates SQL reports and automate processes, meets with stakeholders and gather requirements on specifications on reports/data. Requires knowledge on data workflows. Epic Clarity or Caboodle preferred. Experience in healthcare/ outpatient setting strongly preferred
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree required/Master's Degree Preferred, in Computer Science or Healthcare Administration with a heavy emphasis on Health Informatics. Data mining software Expert; proficient in developing and implementing automated continuous monitoring; EPIC Preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience with reporting and analytics with data analysis, extraction, and manipulation of health informatics.
- Training/experience with databases (SQL Server or MS Access) and reporting (Excel or Crystal) required.
- Expert in MS Office components including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Five (5) or more years designing reports and developing executive level presentations.
- Five (5) years of experience in a healthcare delivery or healthcare business setting preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint and Epic a plus.
- Healthcare operations experience strongly preferred.
Equipment Operated: Office equipment including computer, scanner, printer, copier, fax.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Analytical;Design; Mathematics; Medical Terms; Research; Statistical; P.C.; MS Word; MS Excel; MS Access; MS PowerPoint
Work Schedule: Flexible
Other Requirements: Health Care Operations Management Experience and knowledge of Epic are strongly preferred
Typical Duties That May Be Performed
- Analyzes the results of Epic and other software applications to generate reports to point out trends, patterns and statistically significant or random changes.
- Investigates issues of concern, generate reports, present findings and assist in disseminating data and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Provides information relevant to operations for evaluation and revision of regulations, procedures and practices.
- Assesses new reporting needs to ensure reliable, accurate and non-redundant reporting.
- Summarizes report findings with key identifiers and appropriate evaluation.
- Produces NCQA and physician performance reporting.
- Collects information to identify potential quality of care issues, system issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and maintains reporting needs including quality reporting, grants reporting, and ad hoc reports.
- Assess new reporting needs to ensure reliable, accurate and non-redundant reporting.
- Plans and directs audit work which sufficiently evaluates complex control environments and determines the direction of the audit engagement
- Assesses complex activities and identifies potential financial and operational deficiencies which warrant audit attention.
- Drafts comprehensive audit programs that require few revisions by management.
- Manages the delivery of process improvement or other assigned projects. Assigns and monitors work of project and/or program management staff, providing support and direction.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with participants at different levels of the organization.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.