Sr. IT Network Administrator - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY:The Sr. IT Network Administrator is responsible for managing Community Health Choice's Router/Switch strategy, network analysis tool such as SolarWinds, ExtraHop, Palo Alto firewalls, and environment. Advance knowledge of network operating systems and routing protocols. Proficiency with different coding languages. Must be a team player.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Two (2) year degree or equivalent work experience,
- CCNP or equivalent preferred,
- ITIL preferred
- Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Six (6) years network management including one or more of the following LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Firewalls. Examples include Cisco, Arista, Meraki, and Palo Alto.
- Software Operated:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Communication Skills:
- Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: N/A
4. Work Schedule: Flexible, On Call
5. Other Requirements: N/A