Sr. Project Mgr - EPMO - Directed Payments Program
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
This Project Manager role will have responsibility for all aspects of the delivery of their project including scope, schedule, quality, and budget. This individual must have demonstrated ability to lead and manage across Harris Health all strategic projects in a matrix organization. Candidate will have prior success in results-oriented project delivery and managing a high-performing project team to deliver solution.
The position will require developing project related documentation including project management plans, risk management plans, communications plans, scope statements, project charters, work breakdown structures (WBS), project schedules, closeout documentation. Project manager for this position will be providing the VP of the Enterprise Project Management Office and executive management with regular updates on project status and information for decision making.
The Senior Project Manager will carry a portfolio of Report Development and Validation activities for all system-wide Directed Payment Program metrics in pursuit of Performance Improvement benchmarks, comprising at least 80% of workload and activities. Drawing upon the numerous years of Project Management experience within healthcare, the Senior PM will also provide leadership among the Enterprise PMO to ensure all Performance Improvement projects align with the Strategic Plan of the organization. Additionally, this role will assist with workflow mapping, analysis, and redesign within the outpatient and ambulatory settings.
Degrees / Work Experience / School Education:
Master's Degree (And) Four (4) Years Work Project Management Experience
Bachelor's Degree (And) Six (6) Years Work Project Management Experience.
High School Diploma or GED (And) Ten (10) Years Work Project Management Experience
Licenses & Certifications: Project Mgmt Professional (PMP) preferred
1. At least 6 years of work experience as a Senior Project Manager.
2. Experience managing Healthcare Quality Programs or HEDIS deliverables.
3. Experience evaluating ROI of Quality programs.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.).
6. Working knowledge of MS PWA or project management software.
1. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
2. Experience managing Report Development & Validation efforts.
3. Experience working in a hospital and/or clinical environment.
4. Experience with data management, reporting systems and financial analysis.
5. Experience with Quality program reporting (e.g. DSRIP, HEDIS, MIPS)
Management Experience: Four (4) Years of Management experience
Above Average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking)
Writing - Correspondence/Reports
Proficiencies: MS Word, P.C., MS Project
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical Abilities, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible, Eligible for Telecommute
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Director – Health System Strategy PMO to assist with all project activities including, but not limited to:
- Represent the EPMO in all project planning meetings.
- Liaison between business stakeholders and technical leaders to identify program reporting requirements and assess gaps in systems and services.
- Work with Reporting and Finance stakeholders to develop specifications for metrics and assess resource requirements for program requirements.
- Work with Quality and Coding departments to coordinate validation of reports according to specifications and track change control items.
- Develop a Statement of Work with stated goals, objectives, scope, deliverables, budget, stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and schedule.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with business stakeholders and capture minutes for distribution to stakeholders.
- Track critical path tasks with assigned resources.
- Document and report Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies using a RAID log.
- Assess and document project ROI and project integration goals. Assess operational integration following project deployment.
- Upload and maintain project documentation on project SharePoint site.
- Issue weekly project s