STAR+PLUS - Program Manager (PMO)
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Program Manager, PMO will strategize, design, implement, and maintain cross-functional program initiatives that align to the organizations strategic vision, includes estimation and implementation of program budgets. Monitor progress of programs to ensure all programs deliver the desirable outcomes to our organization.
Develop, implement and maintain program controls, governance, and standards. Able to communicate program objectives, goals and progress to executive leaders and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years project management experience plus two years program or advanced management role may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- PMP preferred
- Eight years' experience in project management to include four with IT and/or healthcare or health insurance experience and two years of program or advanced management role
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports)
- Excellent understanding of the project/program management techniques and methods.
- Proven experience in project and program management.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in project/program management.
- Leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, time management, problem-solving ability, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability toAbility to manage complex, cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects that tie to program initiatives that align with the organization strategic plan. work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or programs simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline.
- Ability to manage complex, cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects that tie to program initiatives that align with the organization strategic plan.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166651