STAR+PLUS Senior Buyer
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Senior Buyer purchases goods and services using the competitive bid/proposal/ qualifications for assigned commodities and coordinates the preparation and execution of contracts. The Senior Buyer generates specifications, evaluates bids/RFO/RFP/RFQ responses, prepares award recommendations, and manages all aspects of assigned contracts. The Senior Buyer becomes a subject matter expert on Community Health Choice Purchasing Manual and all applicable policies and procedures. The Senior Buyer will collaborate with management to establish short and long-term business objectives for Procurement.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Monitor contracts and work with department for renewals, amendments, extensions, terminations and vendor to resolve any ongoing performance issues as necessary
- Process purchase orders assigned contracts and work with Accounts Payable and Department to resolve payment issues
- Oversee the development and quality of RFIs/RFPs to ensure compliance with required policies and procedures, minimize cost of ownership for procured goods and services, review negotiation, maintain contractual agreements
- Prepare specifications describing product/service requirements with limited supervision and evaluate bid/RFP/RFQ responses and participate in the evaluation committee process
- Prepare clear and concise award recommendation letters for Community Health Choice leadership signature
- Coordinate with Procurement Sr. Contracts Administrator to ensure adequate MWBE/HUB participation in the competitive procurement process
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 4 years Procurement/Purchasing progressive experience required.
- CPSM, CPPO, CPCM preferred.
- Software Proficiencies: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent Analytical/Verbal /Written Skills
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166827