Sup Nursing Support Coord
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Supp Nursing Support Coordinator (NSC) performs staffing functions on a shift-to-shift basis; assuring adequate staffing levels are maintained in the Inpatient Units, Outpatient Clinics and Emergency Department. NSC must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and handle rigorous demands. NSC must be well organized, analytical, and must be able to make tough staffing recommendations to nursing leaders. NSC must be able to build relationships, negotiate and persuade.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate Degree plus one (1) year related experience preferred, OR Licensed Vocational Nurse with one (1) year related experience preferred OR five (5) years commensurate experience required
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 year staffing, advanced secretarial or office manager duties in health care environment; experience using Kronos software preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): NA
4. Equipment Operated: Various office equipment: faxes, computers, Printers, copiers, etc.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Typing wpm 35, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: N/A
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Overtime
5. Other Requirements: Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills, strong customer relations, grammar/spelling, Ability to coordinate multiple projects and issues simultaneously; Critical thinking, problem identification and solving; negotiation; conflict management
RESPONSIBLE TO: Designated Supervisor
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: N/A