Sup Nursing Support Coord
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Supp Nursing Support Coordinator (NSC) performs staffing functions on a shift-to-shift basis; assuring adequate staffing levels are maintained in the Inpatient Units, Outpatient Clinics and Emergency Department. NSC must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and handle rigorous demands. NSC must be well organized, analytical, and must be able to make tough staffing recommendations to nursing leaders. NSC must be able to build relationships, negotiate and persuade.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate Degree plus one (1) year related experience preferred, OR Licensed Vocational Nurse with one (1) year related experience preferred OR five (5) years commensurate experience required
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 year staffing, advanced secretarial or office manager duties in health care environment; experience using Kronos software preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): NA
4. Equipment Operated: Various office equipment: faxes, computers, Printers, copiers, etc.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Typing wpm 35, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: N/A
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Overtime
5. Other Requirements: Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills, strong customer relations, grammar/spelling, Ability to coordinate multiple projects and issues simultaneously; Critical thinking, problem identification and solving; negotiation; conflict management
RESPONSIBLE TO: Designated Supervisor
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: N/A