Supplemental Education - Life Safety Instructor II
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Education Instructor assists in the design, implementation and update of new and revised Harris Health learning solutions with a focus on leadership and professional development. Helps manage learning program content, implementation, program delivery and follow-up using industry standard evaluation metrics. The Specialist also assists in providing direction, training needs assessments, instructional design, reporting, and recommendations for the utilization of face to face, blended and e-learning content. Delivers some designated training programs and courses serving various audiences, including Life Safety, Aggression Management, and Team Development.
Degrees: Bachelors in related field; Masters preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
BLS (Basic Life Support) from a hospital-based American Heart Association (AHA) approved program Required
PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) from a hospital-based American Heart Association (AHA) approved program Required
ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) from a hospital-based American Heart Association (AHA) approved program Required
Aggression Management preferred
Work Experience: Three (3) years Teaching experience and educational/instructional program design required. Healthcare industry experience preferred
Above average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact),
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking);
Writing - Correspondence/Reports
Work Schedule: Flexible
- Ability to manage and facilitate education programs.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media and marketing techniques, program planning skills, experience in extensive instructional design and supporting content curation with learning management systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the principles, theories and practices of learning and development with developing research skills and ability to analyze current and emerging trends (best practices) in the industry and to synthesize and tailor complex information to the written word for the development of effective collateral materials.
- They help track and identify gaps and maintain learning and development records.
- Some experience in soft-skill training is expected.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.