Supplemental Security Officer III
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: : Responsible for patrolling, protecting, and securing all Harris Health Systems buildings and grounds, promoting safety and security at all locations.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma or GED. Valid Texas Driver's License.
TCOLE Basic Peace Officer Certification or TPSB Level III Certification and, within six months of employment, TPSB Level IV Certification. Within six months of employment: CPR training, completion of IAHSS Basic Security Officer Training Program, and TEAM certification. Must be registered by the Texas Private Security Bureau within 90 days of employment.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Three years security, military, police, or behavioral health experience. Five years healthcare security experience preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: PC based electronic access control, CCTV, and parking systems. Handheld Radio systems. Patrol vehicle.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills;
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Bilingual Skills Required? No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:.
P.C. Typing wpm 20 Word Proc
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty TCOLE Basic Peace Officer or TPSB Level III and IV certification.
Associates degree preferred, Techniques for Effective Aggression Management (TEAM) certification or equivalent certification required. If certification other than TEAM is held at the time of hire, must be recertified as TEAM upon expiration of held certification.
4. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime
5. Other Requirements: E-1 availability during disaster situations. Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form. Proficiency in the use of computers is required. Supervises shift activities in the absence of the security supervisor