Surgical Technologist III
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Surgical Technologist III (ST III) proficiently provides perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. The ST III assists the surgical team in performing operative and/or invasive procedures utilizing proper aseptic technique. The ST III works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and uses knowledge and expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training:
a. Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technologist Program or comparable US military program.
b. Licensure/Certification: Certified as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. Current CPR certification.
2. Work Experience: Three (3) years of experience as a surgical technologist and/or demonstrated proficiency in two or more surgical specialties.
3. Management Experience: N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Surgical instruments and equipment
5. Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrates clinical competence in all specialty areas and clinical proficiency in a specified number of specialty areas, as determined by individual facility needs.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Bilingual Skills Required. No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence)
2. Other Skills:
Medical Terms PC Word Proc
3. Work Schedule:
Weekends Holidays Flexible On Call
4. Other Requirements: Computer and/or Key Entry Experience