Trauma Coordinator - Trauma Services - LBJ - FT
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
Our Trauma Services Department is seeking an analytical and detailed oriented individual to work as a Trauma Coordinator along with our team of experienced coordinators to help facilitate and maintain the objectives of our busy Level 3 trauma facility.
The Trauma Coordinator is responsible for:
- The facilitation of all services required to ensure that all admitted trauma patients receive the best care
- Accurate collection, update and maintenance of data for the Trauma Registry that includes data abstraction, ICD-10, Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) coding, quality assessment/audit etc.
- Querying, exporting, importing and the creation of the necessary reports used for the analysis of trauma data
- Identifying, deploying and monitoring of performance improvement opportunities as needed through education and outreach to ensure increased quality of care
- Application of trauma expertise and the facilitation of multidisciplinary communication and collaboration
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Certification by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM) as Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) Coding Specialist is required within two (2) years. Certification by the American Trauma Society Registrar Certification Board (ATSRCB) as a Trauma Registrar required (within 4 years).
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) and or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certifications preferred.
- Current License or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas
- Two (2) or more years critical care and/or emergency department experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, hospital personnel and general public
- Must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to quickly analyze data using Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and cohesively with other team members and hospital personnel
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 165816