Treasurer & Director of Investment Management
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Treasurer & Director of Investment Management develops and oversees the organization's strategies, policies and guidelines to ensure the timely and accurate execution of the treasury, investment and financing functions. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of cash management, investment management and debt management. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures, establishing internal controls, and adhering to organizational standards pertaining to investments and financing related activities. The Director must be a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple work streams and competing priorities, has strong business acumen, is a proven leader, practices excellent communication and listening skills, is process oriented, and has a superior finance and treasury foundation.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
- MBA or Finance Master degree is preferred.
- Seven years of treasury/cash management and investment management experience required.
- Must have experience managing a large portfolio. Experience managing portfolio approaching CHC's size [cash and investments >$500 M] preferred.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess an understanding of an internal control framework to assess control design and operational efficiency, with the ability to teach these concepts to junior team members.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage time and adhere to deadlines while ensuring team members do the same.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) a plus;
- Peoplesoft knowledge a plus.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 165927