Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Universe Reports Dashboard Developer will develop solutions from information stored in Enterprise Data Warehouse, analyzes techniques for implementing major, complex integrated system projects. Perform complex professional and advisory functions in maintaining BusinessObjects Enterprise servers, both virtual and physical, to access appropriate information stored in databases and generate a wide variety of dashboards or reports, including management and ad-hoc reports. Developer will collaborate with project managers, business analysts, architects, and other team members, representing the Business Objects development team to implement solutions and oversee deployment.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree in related field or 5+ years of equivalent experience in a similar position in Information Technology/Information Systems industry.
Work Experience: 5+ total years of experience of some combination below:
- 3+ years of experience with SAP BusinessObjects BI development, including current BI 4.0 version.
- Experience with Dashboard Design development, Universe development, Web Intelligence report development and understanding data models.
- 2+ Production support experience working with business users on SAP BusinessObjects BI.
- Strong SQL database skills for data extraction (highly preferred)
- Experience with Cogito tools (highly preferred)
- Epic data model certifications, Clarity, Caboodle (highly preferred)
Equipment Operated: Workstation and telephone
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
Analytical, Design, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
- Strong critical thinking skills, including system and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution. Must be able to understand technical concepts of the system environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a customer service attitude.
- Must be extremely well organized and thorough.
- Ability to view a problem or issue as a potential opportunity; strive for continual process improvement and approach daily tasks with a positive attitude and deep desire to elevate the customer experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and principles.
- Ability to analyze data logically in defining, evaluating, and solving difficult technical or operational problems.
- Strong work ethic and passion for data warehouse/business intelligence.
- Knowledge and understanding of business process maps, system diagrams, logical data models, business requirements, gap analysis, report specifications and other documentation as required for project analysis, planning and design.
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED
- Create complex reports requiring multiple parameters, summarizing data with crosstabs, using sections and related report functions; builds specialized reports utilizing hyperlinks and alerts.
- Translate business requirements into technical design and Business Objects Dashboards by working with the business analyst and backend developers such as ETL developers System documentation.
- Participate in the design and development of various aspects of Business Object Universes.
- Participate in internal system release testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to facilitate effective and organized issue resolution. This includes training of UAT team on the application and/or process change, and management of all phases of testing. Design/document test plans, including definition of test cases and the creation of detailed solution test scripts. Work with other teams and vendors to explore methods for automation of testing.
- Maintain objects in the Repository; analyze the Business Objects Enterprise security model and create security content such as users, groups and categories.
- Work with the training resources to develop training plans and quick reference guides to support system implementation. Perform ad-hoc user training when necessary.
- Configure the List of Values (LOV) job server to populate design patterns (value objects) with data/values retrieved from databases; schedules objects with business calendars to create reports as required.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.