Utilization Management Coordinator - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The UM Coordinator will assist in the process of CHC Providers obtaining authorization, ensuring accurate data entry in the Utilization Module, and assist with requested services/treatments that do not require clinical decision making. Handles entry of all notifications of admission, transfers, and assist with the data entry of requests for home health, and durable medical equipment. They will use analytical and professional skills to answer phone calls and screen documents for key information necessary for clinical staff and Medical Directors. This will assist them in making informed medical decisions regarding admissions, transfers, services and transports. They will also support regulatory timelines and CHC guidelines.
- HIgh School diploma. At least two years of college of college preferred.
- Three years experience in Referrals/Authorizations.
- One year of insurance related experience in a managed care environment.
- Experience in Medical coding preferred
- Above Average Verbal Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
- Analytical, Medical Terms, MS Word, MS Excel
- Able to work independently under general instructions and have reliable transportation.
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clerical and Administrative Support