Vice President Human Resources
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
- Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
- Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
- Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
VICE PRESIDENT HUMAN RESOURCES
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources and Administrative Office (CHRAO), serves as an executive leader responsible for leading the Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, HR Business Partner, Employee Relations and Employee Engagement Teams. Partners with Senior Leadership and other leaders in the organization to develop and implement HR strategies that support business objectives designed to enhance organization effectiveness. Collaborates with Communities of Expertise in Human Resources and Finance to deliver a breadth of services to include talent acquisition, total rewards, learning and development, succession planning, employee relations, recognition, and retention. Provide timely and appropriate coaching and feedback and is a role model to team members. Create a work environment that fosters respect, positive morale, and high employee engagement. Consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of the market.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Partner with CHRAO to establish and implement comprehensive short-and long-term HR plans, strategies, and policies that effectively support and drive Community's mission, vision, values, goals, and key metrics. Translate strategic business goals into robust human resource strategies and tactics to reinforce an exceptional employee experience.
- Serve as executive lead all efforts, activities, and outputs for the Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, HR Business Partner, Employee Relations, and Employee Engagement Teams.
- Serve as executive lead for diversity and inclusion initiatives necessary to ensure the organization delivers on its differentiated people strategies in support of the overall business strategy and to create a culture of belonging for all.
- Oversee the company-wide workforce plan strategy, programs, and process. Prepare for talent gaps using HR analytics/insights. Lead the design and development of succession planning, leadership development and learning and development initiatives.
- Lead the development a compelling employment brand and recruitment process for attracting, hiring, and retaining the best talent. Create a talent review process that engages all managers in assessing and developing talent.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the performance enablement and management program to emphasize performance, collaboration, and integrity; develop approaches to empower employees to manage their own development and career paths.
- Partner with Total Rewards Lead to ensure that Community has competitive, structured compensation plans that attracts, motivates, and retains talented staff based on an assessment of current market conditions.
- Partner with CHRAO to develop an annual HR budget and manage the administration of budgeted funds within approved guidelines. Oversee all aspects of function.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are updated and compliant with applicable State and Federal laws. Oversee the development and maintenance of the CHC Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for overall compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, standards, and adherence of safe work practices. Responsible for detection and reporting of non-compliance. Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and organizational policies regarding privacy, confidentiality and security of health information and other designated information.
- Bachelors degree Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- SHRM-SCP required.
- Master's degree (i.e., MBA, MHR, etc.) preferred.
Work Experience: 10 -15+ years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 7 years of experience as a HR Business Partner or an equivalent role. 3+ years of experience in directly leading HR strategies and programs.
Management Experience: 5 - 7+ years of experience in directly managing teams required.
- Must have demonstrated broad exposure with current talent strategies including attraction, development and retention, experience designing enterprise-wide employee experience programs, and general knowledge of delivering training in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Experience driving effective change management techniques and implementation including communications plans.
- Experience in program design, needs assessment, performance measurement and evaluation, process improvement, and consultative and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Demonstrated experience in leading change management initiatives on a large scale.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- An empathetic leader, skilled at